Cloud Clusters are virtual Clusters provided by cloud computing providers like AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. They are not physical machines but offer computing power and storage to run applications and store data over the internet. You can easily access and manage these Clusters through a web-based interface or API provided by the cloud provider.
Cloud Clusters have several advantages, including scalability, flexibility, cost efficiency, and reliability. They are popular among businesses of all sizes because they allow leveraging the benefits of cloud computing in a flexible and cost-effective way.
When you sign up for PipeOps(Developer Plan), you will automatically be assigned a cloud Cluster that you can use to deploy and manage as many projects as your subscription plan allows. This Cluster is fully configurable and equipped with all the tools and resources you need to build, test, and deploy applications and services.
You can find it by clicking on the Clusters tab:
If you want to use a custom Cluster instead of the default one provided by PipeOps, you can easily do so by navigating to the "Clusters" tab within your project and clicking the "Create Cluster" button. From there, you can choose the cloud provider that best meet your needs in this case AWS, and configure your Cluster to your specifications. This allows you to tailor your cloud environment to your specific requirements, whether you're building a new application, migrating an existing workload, or optimizing your infrastructure. With PipeOps, you have full control over your cloud Clusters, giving you the freedom to customize and scale your environment as needed.
To get started with creating a custom AWS Cluster you need your AWS Account ID.
On AWS click on your profile name you will find your AWS Account ID
Authorize with IAM.
To create a new Cluster on your PipeOps dashboard, follow these steps:
- First, make sure you have authorized PipeOps with the appropriate IAM (Identity and Access Management) permissions.
- On the dashboard, click the button to create a new Cluster.
- In the form that appears, enter a name for your Cluster. This name should be descriptive and easy to remember.
- Choose the region where you want to deploy your Cluster. This can be based on factors such as the location of your users, the availability of resources, or regulatory requirements.
- Next, you will be given the option to select a Cluster template. You can choose between the dev/test template or the production template. The dev/test template is intended for development and testing purposes, while the production template is optimized for live deployments.
- Once you have made your selection, click the "Start Creating" button to finalize the process. Your new Cluster should be up and running within a few minutes."
To view the expert settings for a Cluster on the PipeOps dashboard, follow these steps:
- Click the "View Export Setting" button from the image above. to open the export settings page for the Cluster.
- On this page, you should see a list of the currently configured export settings for the Cluster, along with any related options or controls.
- Once you have made the desired changes, click the "Finish" button to apply the changes.